Zagrebački savez sportske rekreacije “Sport za sve”; (Association for Sport Recreation City of Zagreb, Sport for All) – abbreviated “Sport for All – Zagreb” is a non-profit, voluntary and non-partisan association of Zagreb local recreational associations. Sport for All – Zagreb is a member of the Sports Association of the City of Zagreb as well as the Croatian Recreational Sports Association “Sport for All”.
The Association was established in 1951 in Yugoslavia and was reestablished in 1991 after Croatia had declared its independence. Today it has 18 member associations.
The main objectives of the Association for Sport Recreation City of Zagreb, Sport for All (Sport for All – Zagreb ) are the promotion, development and popularization of recreational sports activities
(grassroots sports) for citizens of all ages in order to protect and enhance their health and to make their free time well-arranged; development of favorable conditions for further growth of recreational sports in the City of Zagreb and its city districts and local councils; encouragement of collaboration between its members; collaboration with various national, regional and international recreational sports associations; strengthening of role of recreational sports associations in the sport policy making in the City of Zagreb.
Main activities of the Sport for All – Zagreb are: participation in the work and in activities of the Sports Association of the City of Zagreb, Croatan Recreational Sports Association “Sport for All” and other related organizations and associations engaged in promoting recreational sports; organization and participation in recreational sports activities, manifestations and events; both solely and in collaboration with its member associations organizes and implements recreational sports programs (i.e. group and individual fitness programs, recreational physical exercises) in order to enhance health of programe participants; managing sport facilities in order to implement its activities and programs.
Programmes implemented by „Sport for all“:
- Programme of sports recreation (city districts – in local self government facilities)
– since 2005. and to this day we are continuously implementing this programme, with the number of users increasing every year. Nearly 3.000 citizens regularly practice in the programme, but we continue to open new locations and new groups, and promote different forms of exercise.
- Nordic Walking
– a form of physical activity where we move the body with coordinated and rhythmic movements of the arms and legs, where we use special poles that allow us to achieve a high degree of aerobic exercise. It is suitable for recreational programmes of all age categories. We have been continuously implementing this programme since 2008. Nearly 2.000 citizens, most often middle age and elderly women have joined the programme so far and increasing.
- Swimming programmes:
– Swimming techniques
– Corrective gymnastics in water
- „Sport’s for all summer programmes“
– Within this programme (wich we are continuously implementing for over twenty years) we offer our citizens free programmes of health exercise, outdoor fitness, demonstration and instruction of recreational activities, presentations and counseling.The summer programme takes place in more than twenty locations in the City of Zagreb, with a volume of 1600 h of various sports programmes in summer months (June, July and August); and during this period our programmes are used by thousands of citizens of Zagreb, of different health and fitness status, age and interests.